David Fish posts at Plaintiffs’ Lawyer Blog about a class action on behalf of restaurant owners to recover the cost of spinach they trashed in the wake of the recent e-coli outbreak. David has details and the complaint is here.
A quick search of Google News shows this is not the first lawsuit filed over the outbreak. Reports show:
- A Milwaukee family is suing Dole.
- The family of an elderly California woman filed suit when she died after eating spinach.
- A New York couple is suing Chiquita over their daughter’s death.
- Utah family files suit against Natural Selection Foods.
- Florida man says he plans to file suit.
The firm behind three of these suits is Seattle’s Marler Clark.
Tags: No tags