Lawyer and legal technologist Dennis Kennedy has published his annual law-related blogging awards, which he calls The Blawggies. I am happy to report that Lawyer2Lawyer, the podcast I cohost with J. Craig Williams, received the award for Best Legal Podcast — a notable achievement given that Dennis has his own outstanding podcast with Tom Mighell, The Kennedy-Mighell Report.
The honor is even greater because this is the fourth year in row that Dennis named Lawyer2Lawyer best podcast. He also awarded us Blawgies in 2008 (in a tie with Denise Howell’s This Week in Law), in 2007 and in 2006.
Both Lawyer2Lawyer and The Kennedy-Mighell Report are produced by the great folks at the Legal Talk Network.
Other Blawggie Award recipients for 2009:
- Best Overall Law-Related Blog – SLAW.
- The Marty Schwimmer Best Practice-Specific Legal Blog – Tie: Steve Nipper’s The Invent Blog and Patrick Lamb’s In Search of Perfect Client Service.
- Best Law Practice Management Blog – Jim Calloway’s Law Practice Management Tips.
- Best Legal Blog Category – Non-US Blawgs.
- Best Legal Blog Digest – Stark County Law Library Weblog.
- Best Blawg About Legal Blawgging – Kevin O’Keefe’s Real Lawyers Have Blogs.
- The Sherry Fowler Best Writing on a Legal Blog Award – Allison Shields’ Legal Ease Blog.
- Best Law Professor Blog – Paul Caron’s The TaxProf Blog.
- Best New Law-related Blog – Social Media Law Student.
- The DennisKennedy.Blog Best Legal Technology Blog – Ron Friedmann’s Strategic Legal Technology.
- Most Important Trend in Law-related Blogging – Tie: Group Blogs and Microblogging.
Congratulations to all the honorees and thanks to Dennis.