Litéra, a company that markets a suite of “document lifecycle management” products popular among many larger law firms, today is launching a cloud-based version, Litéra Live. The software-as-a-service allows users to:
- Collaborate on documents in real time with multiple users.
- Compare all Microsoft Office and PDF documents, including documents with embedded objects and images.
- Clean metadata from all Office and PDF documents.
- Convert Office documents to PDF.
- Extract native PDF documents to Word.
Because it is cloud-based, it can be used from any device and from any location. Later, Litéra will roll out a desktop widget, called Litéra Communicator, that will serve as a drag-and-drop interface between the user’s desktop and the application in the cloud.
An unlimited license to use Litéra Live costs $14 per user per month. It can also be used by purchasing credits in increments starting at 40 credits for $10. (A document comparison requires four credits, metadata cleaning is two credits, PDF extraction is one credit.) New registrants receive four free credits for a free PDF conversion.
Law firms that use the company’s desktop applications include Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Jones Day, Akin Gump, Alston & Bird and Crowell & Moring.