The cloud-based practice-management company Clio kicked off its annual Clio Cloud Conference in Chicago today with announcements of two new features and eight new integrations with third-party applications.
In the conference’s opening keynote, Clio CEO and co-founder Jack Newton announced the two new features:
- Campaign Tracker, a marketing tool that enables firms to track return on investment for any advertising campaigns that include either a phone number or a link to the firm’s website.
- Clio Payments, a credit-card processing system that is fully integrated into the Clio platform.
“This is an industry first,” Newton said of Campaign Tracker, “something that nobody in this market has ever done.”
In addition to these new features, Clio continued its strategy of building an “ecosystem” of of third-party applications that integrate with the Clio platform to provide additional functions and services. This year, Newton announced eight new integration partners, for a total so far of 40:
- Microsoft Office 365 Business. Clio can now synchronize contacts and calendar events with Office 365 Business. It also now integrates with OneDrive so that lawyers can view and upload documents in Office 365 from Clio and open documents from Clio into OneDrive’s web document editor, eliminating the need to download documents to edit them.
- CloudMask. Provides extra security by allowing lawyers to apply their own extra level of encryption to sensitive data stored in the cloud.
- CourtTrax. Keeps case files up to date with the latest court filings. Any document that is filed by outside parties will appear as part of the client’s matter.
- Directive Communication Services. For estate-planning lawyers, DCS organizes and handles a client’s digital and offline personal account directives.
- Docket Alarm. Provides automatic alerts of new litigation activity and syncs PDF filings with Clio case folders.
- LegalNature Pro. LegalNature uses guided document assembly to improve the process of gathering client information, creating accurate documents, and tracking relevant client/matter documents.
- My Legal Receptionist. A live virtual reception and answering service that takes calls 24/7, intakes clients, screens callers, takes appointments, and transfers important calls directly to the attorney.
- Ruby Receptionist. Professional receptionists who connect calls, take messages, answer basic inquiries, process intake forms, screen callers and more.
More About Campaign Tracker
I have not tried Campaign Tracker but, according to Clio, it works with any campaign advertisements that include a phone number or that link to the firm’s website.
For ad campaigns using phone numbers, Campaign Tracker generates a unique phone number that you place in the ad. All phone calls that come through that number are automatically routed to the firm’s regular number so no physical setup is necessary.
For online ads that link to a firm’s website, Clio provides a form that can be embedded into the site that allows leads to be captured and tracked back to the marketing campaign. Leads can also be manually entered into Campaign Tracker.
A dashboard shows each campaign, the associated billable revenue, and leads generated by the unique phone number. Law firms can use this information to see which campaigns are the most effective at generating leads and revenue.
More About Clio Payments
Clio Payments helps law firms get paid more quickly by allowing them to collect, process and track credit card payments from directly within Clio. The system was built in collaboration with LawPay and is fully integrated within the Clio platform.
A dashboard shows the history of credit card transactions and whether the processing of the payment has been completed. Completed transactions will add the funds to the firm’s operating account typically within 24 to 48 hours. The payment record is automatically added to the bill in Clio.
The system works with Clio’s email invoicing capabilities. A firm can email a client a PDF invoice and include a secure payment link. The client can follow the secure link and make the payment.