A new open-access e-journal, Open Government: A Journal on Freedom of Information, published its inaugural issue this week. Funded by the School of Business Information at Liverpool John Moores University, the journal aims to publish peer-reviewed articles related to freedom of information laws worldwide.
The inaugural issue contains articles on:
- The right to information in India
- The interaction between data protection and freedom of information
- Procurement and the UK Freedom of Information Act
- Coordination of FOIA requests
- The third annual Information Commissioner’s conference
The journal, which will publish quarterly, is edited by Steve Wood, senior lecturer in information management at Liverpool University. The editorial board is composed of academics, lawyers, practitioners and journalists from Europe, the United States, India, Australia and New Zealand.