The Senate Judiciary Committee today released four documents providing additional background on Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers, including a 57-page Judiciary Committee questionnaire and a 1989 Texans United for Life survey in which Miers reveals her views on abortion. Also released were a financial disclosure form dated Oct. 17, 2005, and a financial statement outlining Miers’ net worth.
All four documents are available in PDF format through two sources:
In the Texans United survey, Miers indicated she would:
- Support ratification of a state constitutional amendment to prohibit abortion except when necessary to prevent death of the mother.
- Support legislation to prohibit abortion, in the event the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade.
- Oppose the use of public monies for abortion.
- Refuse the endorsement of any organization that supports abortion on demand.
- Use her influence as an elected official to promote the anti-abortion cause.