Martindale-Hubbell’s legal directory site Martindale.com today announced an interesting new feature — top 10 law firm lists. They rank the top law firms in three categories: top 10 peer-review rated, which ranks the firms with the highest number of peer-review-rated lawyers; top 10 by activity, which ranks firms in different subject areas by he total number of federal cases during the past two years or total number of transactions; and top 10 by visibility, which ranks firms according to the number of times it has been searched during the past month.
Here are some of the current rankings:
- The most-searched firm overall was Holland & Knight.
- The most-searched IP firm was Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto.
- The firm with the most peer-review-rated lawyers was Holland & Knight.
- The firm with the most antitrust cases in the past two years was Cohen, Milstein, Hausfeld & Toll.
- The firm that handled the most M&A; transactions was Jones Day.
The top 10 lists are among several additions to the Martindale site. Another, called Activities Data, shows detailed information about a firm’s litigation and M&A; activity. You can see, for example, that Jones Day devoted 16 percent of its litigation activity to IP work, that it represented defendants 73 percent of the time, and that it handled transactions worth over $293 billion.