LexisNexis said today that it has acquired Portfolio Media, the company that runs Law360, a subscription website that provides legal news and analysis targeted at business lawyers.
Law360 covers legal news on its website and in e-newsletters. News is organized according to some 30 practice areas, industries and regions. According to its website, it covers:
- Every major litigation development in the U.S. federal district courts.
- Every major lawsuit filed against the world’s 2,000 top companies.
- Every major opinion handed down in the U.S. federal courts.
- Every major development in class actions and multidistrict litigation.
- Every major transaction involving the top 250 U.S. law firms.
- Every major hire at the top 800 U.S. law firms.
- Every major initiative by state, federal and international legislatures.
The Lexis press release says that Law360 has over 100,000 subscribers. “The acquisition of Law360 is part of the continuing LexisNexis commitment to provide critical legal and business content to help customers increase productivity and achieve better outcomes for their organizations and clients,” the release says.