Join me on Friday and Saturday this week for the 2018 Law + Technology Summit, presented by the San Diego County Bar Association and the Law Practice Management & Technology Section of the California Lawyers Association.
The programs includes a line-up of marquis speakers, including Dennis Garcia, assistant general counsel for Microsoft Corporation, and Jeff Bennion, lawyer and columnist for Above the Law. Programs on the slate include:
- Cybersecurity and Using the Cloud for Lawyers – Dennis Garcia, Assistant General Counsel for Microsoft Corporation.
- Common Money-Wasting Mistakes in E-discovery – Eddy Borysewicz, President of Invendica, Inc., and Pedram Ranjbar, Systems Engineer at Storvantage, Inc.
- A Lawyer’s Guide to Social Media Advertising – Jeff Bennion, Chair of the LPMT Section of the California Lawyers Association.
- iPad Apps for Lawyers – Christi McGowan, Co-Owner of E-discovery Litigation Specialists, Inc and Christine Stansall, Certified E-Discovery Specialist.
- High-Tech Depositions -Mike Tisa, Director of Litigation Technology at Aptus Court Reporting.
- Avoiding Ethical Problems in the Use of Technology – Shawn Kennedy, Principal Attorney at Modera Legal.
- How to Avoid Common E-discovery Pitfalls – Lauren Doucette, eDiscovery Strategy Coordinator and President of the Women in eDiscovery San Diego Chapter.
- Using Technology in Trial to Enhance Advocacy, Do’s & Don’ts – Hon. Eddie Sturgeon and Jeff Bennion.
- Ethical Use of Social Media for Lawyers – Renee Galente, Civil Litigation and Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer.
- Technology in Practice – Joy Murao, Global Practice Support Executive & e-Discovery Strategist.
- Proceeding Paperless: The Extinction of Bankers Boxes and Exhibit Binders – Cari Pines and Alexa Wolff
I am presenting a plenary session on Friday morning at 9:30 on the ethical duty of technology competence.
More information and details on registration are available at the summit website.