The add-in enables four functions:
- File emails with one click. Save emails, including attachments, from Outlook to a matter in Clio.
- “Smart File” emails. Scan your inbox for emails received in the last 48 hours that should be filed to a matter in Clio.
- File email threads. Once a client email is associated with a matter, you can run a scan to file threads and responses from within the last 48 hours.
- Track time. Start a timer from within Outlook and capture billable time to Clio.
Clio’s Outlook 365 add-in is compatible with Home, Personal, Business and Enterprise versions of Outlook for Office 365, both browser and desktop versions, on Macs and PCs. It is available at no cost to customers with either a Boutique or Elite subscription.
The add-in can be downloaded from Microsoft’s App Store.
Updates to Android App
Clio also recently updated its Android app to enhance the Global Create functionality. With these changes, users of the app can now:
- Start a timer from within the app and easily take another action from the Global Create menu.
- Customize the order of quick actions available from the Global Create view, so your most-used features are always easily accessible.
In addition, Clio has updated the interface of the Global Create menu. Commands now appear horizontally at the bottom of the screen, where you can scroll left or right to find the one you need.
Android users can download the Clio app in the Google Play store.