The deadline is Nov. 1 to nominate a blog post for the inaugural LexBlog Excellence Awards, designed to honor exemplary writing on legal blogs.
As I explained in an earlier post, these awards are unlike other “best blog” awards. Rather than focus on the blog as a whole, ours are intended to recognize individual blog posts. We want to celebrate and recognize great writing on legal blogs by shining a spotlight on the best examples.
We will present awards honoring outstanding posts in six categories. Posts can generally relate to any subject or area, provided they relate to the practice or theory of law. The six categories are:
- Best News or Trend Analysis: For outstanding analysis of legal news, developments or trends.
- Best Legal Analysis: For outstanding analysis and explication of a judicial opinion, legislative development or regulatory development.
- Best Breaking News Post: For outstanding same-day or second-day reporting of a legal news development.
- Best Explanatory Post: For outstanding writing in helping the reader comprehend the impact or significance of a legal story, development or trend.
- Best ‘How-To’ Post: For outstanding writing in helping the reader understand how to handle a legal matter or issue.
- Best Commentary/Advice for Legal Professionals: For outstanding writing offering commentary or advice for legal professionals on the business or practice of law.
To enter, fill out the form at this page.
Because our purpose is to celebrate the great writing on the blogs that are members of the LexBlog network, a blog must be a member of the network to enter. However, there is no cost or obligation to join the network and it takes only seconds to do. Joining simply means that you allow LexBlog to include your blog’s feed in the thousands of blogs we aggregate and curate.
The deadline for entries is Nov. 1, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. Winners will be announced on Dec. 9, 2019.