Today at noon ET, LexisNexis Canada will present the second program in its masterclass panel discussion series, Tech & Litigation, Shifting Paradigms. Today’s panel focuses on legal operations and how technology can help legal departments manage legal spend and outside counsel.
I will be one of the panelists, together with:
- Dana Zuech , AVP, Legal Operations, at Sun Life.
- Melissa LaFlair, director, Legal Operations, at Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
- Shaya Silber, pricing counsel, legal innovator, at Blakes.
The program will be moderated by Eric Wai, director of client relationships, LexisNexis Canada.
Among the points we plan to discuss:
- What is legal operations and how has it changed legal departments?
- How can technology and process improvements increase the effectiveness of in-house lawyers?
- Legal data and analytics as a tool for in-house counsel .
- Best practices for selecting, retaining and managing outside counsel and legal spend .
The program is free, but registration is required.