A new website launched today, Attorney at Work, has the mission of delivering “one really good idea every day” for lawyers “who want help and inspiration building successful practices and balanced lives.”
The site is assembling a panel of expert advisors “from the vanguard of practice management” in order to deliver a steady flow of sound ideas on how to start and build a law practice while also maintaining balance in your life.
And let me stop right here, in the interest of full disclosure, to say that I am one of the purported expert advisors. More on the advisory board in a moment.
The creators of the site are Merrilyn Astin Tarlton and Joan Feldman, who formerly worked together for nearly a decade as the editorial team for the American Bar Association’s Law Practice magazine. Tarlton is now a consultant on law firm business strategy and innovation, while Feldman is an editor and writer who focuses on practice management and strategy.
The site’s advisory group includes a true who’s who of legal practice management and marketing professionals whose company I am honored to be among:
- G. Burgess Allison, noted legal technologist and author.
- Burkey Belser, president and creative director of Greenfield/Belser Ltd.
- Simon Chester, partner with the Toronto law firm Heenan Blaikie.
- Jordan Furlong of Law21, Stem Legal Web Enterprises and Edge International.
- Mark T. Greene, managing principal of Client Development LLC.
- Vedia Jones-Richardson, principal of the North Carolina law firm Olive and Olive PA.
- Susan G. Manch, principal of consulting firm Shannon & Manch LLP.
- Steve Matthews, founder and principal of Stem Legal.
- Thomas Mighell, senior consultant with Contoural, Inc.
- Dan Pinnington, director of PracticePro.
- Gerry Riskin, founder of Edge International.
- Sally Schmidt, president of Schmidt Marketing, Inc.
- Ronald W. Staudt, professor at Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Each day, the site will feature a brief item written by one of more than 100 experts. Each item will focus on marketing, career development, technology, time management, money matters, life balance, health and more.
Starting in January, lawyers who register at the site will be able to subscribe to receive a Monday-Friday Daily Dispatch.
Tags: No tags