The arrival of 2012 marks the 20th anniversary of the Legal Information Institute at Cornell University, a true trailblazer in enabling open access to legal materials through the Web. To help mark the occasion, the LII is hosting a Law Via the Internet Conference Oct. 7-9 at Cornell Law School in Ithaca, N.Y. The conference will feature two keynote presentations and 40 conference sessions on such topics as:
- Social impacts of public engagement.
- Business and technology of legal publishing.
- Free law and government policy.
- Application development for open access and engagement.
- Legal informatics: data organization, presentation, and systems.
In addition to opening and closing receptions, the conference will include a birthday gala with dinner and dancing to celebrate LII’s 20th birthday.
The official conference website will go up in mid-January. In the meantime, you can keep tabs on the conference by following LVI2012 on Twitter.
Tags: No tags