The Shorty Awards have been announced. They honor the best Twitter-ers. Awards are given in a number of official categories. Users can also create their own award categories. Of those 2,714 user-created categories, there is one for law.
For the winners in the law category, the achievement is somewhat dubious. Of the 22 winners, only three received more than two votes. Four received just two votes. Fifteen had just one vote each. One of the winners, @nickiblack, has nothing to do with law. Rather, it appears her nomination was the result of a misdirected attempt to nominate @nikiblack, who managed to come in third despite the error.
For what they’re worth, here are the results in the law category.
First place (53 votes):
- jamesmb. Tech writer, co host of PhotoLegal podcast, Mac addict & social media type who hates writing one line biogs! Also doubles up as a solicitor and stuff like that.
Second place (53 votes):
- James (Jim) Walker. Cruise safety advocate. Maritime lawyer helping cruise passengers and crew members worldwide. Green traveler. Partner to @MaritimeLawyers. Duke basketball fan.
Third place (11 votes):
- Nicole Black. Lawyer, author, speaker, legal technology evangelist-dragging the legal profession into the 21st century while enjoying good food & wine.
Fourth place (tie with 2 votes each):
- John Lichtenberger. I am the Publisher of Advertising Compliance Service, a vital advertising law reference service since 1981 for attorneys & advertisers. Social media enthusiast.
- Alistair Gleave. multi skilled online project manager who works with clients developing a communication strategy and delivers solutions.
- J Huggard. Reporting on incidents related to the cruise industry at CruiseBruise.com.
Fifth place (2 votes):
- Brian Cuban. Dallas Lawyer, blogger, currently working on my 1st book, You Don’t Say-Hate Speech On The Internet. Proud parent to a cat named Useless and my dog, Peanut.
Sixth place (tie with 1 vote each):
- SmallBizLaw. Say hello to Gil, the top online resource for legal resources, advice and one-on-one legal services for small business owners in Florida.
- Frank Adman. Ad guy. San Francisco, 1963. Purveyor of Fresh, Stimulating Propaganda. Winner of the 2010 Shorty Award in Advertising. Join me for a Twittertini.
- Dan Ballard. Intellectual property attorney, husband, Dad, sunset watcher. Know something about trademarks, copyrights, patents, e-commerce, and trade secrets.
- ageorgialawyer/MarkZ. Lawyer in ATL/Brunswick, lic. in FL/GA Pharma, Ins. Claims; Runner, College Football Fan , Labs owner/lover, segeorgialaw.com
- Arthur Catalanello. Marketing exec. actively looking for new employment opportunities in advertising & marketing with a focus on research, CRM, sales support and/or social media.
- Monique. Uma mistura de cadeiras e maçãs!!!
- Above the Law. Off-the-record updates from Above the Law
- Bill Salvin. Communications, PR & Crisis Comms consultant, trainer, commentator.
- Allen Green. Occasional tweets with liberal views on law and public debates. Allen writes the Jack of Kent Blog and is convenor of Westminster Skeptics.
- LA VOCE DEI MARINAI. uomo di mare.
- Michael McSunas. Advertising and Marketing Law Attorney -formerly in house counsel with a big city agency, now happy back home. Wish I were a Bollywood star-Maje mein rehne ka.
- TweetLaw.com. Tweet with other legal professionals! Categorize your tweets. Create a free account with a profile.
Seventh place (1 vote):