I founded this blog in 2002 to post news and reviews of websites of interest to the legal profession. I also write about legal technology and social media.
I am a lawyer and consultant who has been writing and speaking about the Internet, social media and legal technology for nearly 20 years. I am author of multiple books, including The Essential Guide to the Best (and Worst) Legal Sites on the Web, I have written a nationally syndicated column since 1993, I have written the award-winning Web Watch column in Law Technology News since 1999, and I founded the first Internet newsletter for lawyers in 1994. Since August 2005, I have co-hosted the award-winning podcast, Lawyer2Lawyer, the longest-running legal podcast, available through the Legal Talk Network. I also write the blog Media Law.
In addition to practicing law, I also provide media and new media consulting to law firms and law-related companies through my firm Ambrogi Strategic Media. Earlier in my career, I was with American Lawyer Media in New York, where I was editor-in-chief of the National Law Journal and editorial director of the Litigation Services Division, responsible for a range of print and electronic publications.
Before joining ALM, I was with Lawyers Weekly Publications in Boston, where I was founding editor of the national newspaper Lawyers USA and editor-in-chief of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly. A 1980 graduate of Boston College Law School, I am a fellow of the College of Law Practice Management and president the Massachusetts Bar Foundation. Among my honors are the Massachusetts Bar Association’s President’s Award and the 2011 Fastcase 50, honoring “the law’s smartest, most courageous innovators, techies, visionaries and leaders.”
- 2011 Fastcase 50.
- 2008 American Society of Business Publication Editors, Silver Award for Contributed Column.
- 2006 Silver Tabbie Award, Best Regular Column, Trade Association Business Publications International.
- 1993 President’s Award, Massachusetts Bar Association.
- 2012 ABA Journal Inaugural Blawg 100 Hall of Fame.
- 2011 ABA Journal Blawg 100.
- 2010 ABA Journal Blawg 100.
- 2009 ABA Journal Blawg 100.
- 2007 ABA Journal Blawg 100.
- Avvo’s Favorite Legal Blogs of 2009.
- 7 Great Legal Technology Law Blogs.
Lawyer2Lawyer podcast (longest continuously running legal podcast):
- Blawg Review Awards 2005: Best Legal Podcast.
- 2006 Blawggies: Best Legal Podcast.
- 2007 Blawggies: Best Legal Podcast.
- 2008 Blawggies: Best Legal Podcast.
- 2008 ABA Journal Blawg 100, Readers’ Choice Award, Best Legal Podcast.
- 2009 ABA Journal Blawg 100 honoree.
- 2009 Blawggies: Best Legal Podcast.
- 2004 Web Marketing Association, Outstanding Achievement in Web Development, Jaffe Associates website (Robert Ambrogi, copywriting).