The Library of Congress unveiled a new app yesterday designed to let you read the Congressional Record on an iPad. Called simply The Congressional Record, the purpose of the new app, as In Custodia Legis reports, “is straightforward — easily read the daily edition of the Congressional Record on your iPad (and maybe save a few trees in the process).”
According to the description, the app lets you:
- Browse editions of the Congressional Record by date, from Jan. 4, 1995, to the present.
- Perform keyword searches within individual documents or sections within documents.
- Share documents via email.
- Save documents to your preferred iPad PDF reader.
- Identify the latest bills and resolutions considered daily on the floor of the U.S. House.
- Identify the latest bills, resolutions, treaties and nominations considered daily on the floor of the U.S. Senate.
Read more about the app here.