Tomorrow I am moderating a webcast that will look at the advantages the cloud offers law firms, with a focus on security and ease of use. The webinar is hosted by Above the Law and sponsored by Tresorit, the cloud-storage company. Following are full details.
Never before have law firms faced greater pressure to protect data security. Regulators require it. Clients demand it. But firms must also accommodate their lawyers’ increasing mobility, their desire to work across devices, and their need to collaborate internally and externally.
More and more, law firms are recognizing that there is only one viable option that offers both the data security they require and the mobility their lawyers expect — the cloud. Recent years have seen a clear trend of firms of all sizes moving their documents to the cloud, including many of the world’s largest firms.
Cloud storage provides the highest level of encryption for a firm’s documents while allowing lawyers to securely access and share documents from any location. It also reduces firm’s internal costs for purchasing and maintaining IT infrastructure.
In this webinar on June 5, panelists will discuss the data-security challenges firms face, how the cloud addresses those challenges, and how to move your firm to the cloud. Topics to be covered include:
- Law firms’ legal and professional obligations to protect client data;
- The most significant cybersecurity threats law firms face;
- The vulnerabilities of law firm data;
- Recent trends in legal industry use of the cloud;
- General advantages and disadvantages of the cloud;
- Understanding security and encryption in the cloud;
- What security features to look for in a cloud vendor;
- The economics of cloud storage vs. local storage; and
- Tips for securing data in the cloud and daily practice.
The webinar is hosted by Above the Law and sponsored by Tresorit, the ultra-secure place in the cloud to store, sync, and share files easily from anywhere, anytime.
The presenter for the program will be Tresorit co-founder and CEO Istvan Lam. I will be moderating the program.