As countless face-to-face legal conferences have been cancelled or postponed, the legal practice management company Rocket Matter has unveiled plans to hold a two-day virtual conference, with all proceeds going to charities to help people impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Rocket Matter says the conference, which is dubbed Rocket Aid, will include online networking and CLE, and is intended to help lawyers connect in this time of social distancing, while also generating much-needed assistance for people most affected economically by the coronavirus.
Rocket Aid is scheduled to stream live, online on April 16 and 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST each day. Topics to be covered include running an online practice, ways to generate more revenue, and embracing modern tools that will help law firms adapt and thrive in this new environment.
In addition to providing educational sessions, the conference will allow participants to network during face-to-face virtual “happy hours” and breakout sessions.
The registration to attend the two-day conference will cost $25. All registration fees will be donated directly to three charities: United Way’s COVID-19 Fund, Pro Bono Net, and Feeding America, a charity network of more than 200 food banks.
Larry Port, Rocket Matter CEO, says the content is mostly in place already, but there is still a call for speakers for panels and additional suggested talks. Planned sessions include:
- Panel: COVID-19 and Law Firm Operations: What are We Learning?
- Session: Remote Lawyering Overview: The Tools You Need.
- Session: Hidden Gems of Office 365
- Session: How to Increase Profits and Sanity by Running a Lean Law Firm.
- Session: Saying “Adios” to Billing Headaches and “Hola” to Increased Profitability.
- Session: A 12-Month Plan for Going Paperless.
- Session: Cybersecurity for the Remote Lawyer.
- Panel: COVID-19 Coverage and How to Think About PR.
- Panel: Remote Technology Do’s and Don’ts.
- Panel: Staying Sane While Working Remote.
- Mini-session: An Economic Outlook for Lawyers During and After COVID-19 (non-CLE).
- Mini-session: Setting Up an Ergonomic Home Office (non-CLE).
Rocket Matter is also looking for speakers to give mini three- and six-minute sessions on their remote successes, as well as lawyers who would like to offer their thoughts on panels.