You’ve just been named global chief innovation officer for one of the world’s largest law firms. Where and how do you start? That is one of the questions we put to Amol Bargaje, whom Mayer Brown named to that position on Feb. 9, 2021.
Coming into this newly created role, Bargaje has plenty of experience on which to draw. He has been at Mayer Brown since 2018 as global director of IT Practice and Client Solutions, and was formerly chief innovation officer at Sullivan & Cromwell and chief information officer at Jenner & Block.
Bargaje worked most of his career in IT leadership, but pivoted to focus on innovation in 2016 because he wanted to be in a role that put him shoulder to shoulder with the firm’s clients.
He joins host Bob Ambrogi to talk about what innovation means to him, why it matters for a firm and its clients, how he conceives and develops innovation initiatives, and what he sees as the most significant trends impacting his firm and the legal industry.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
This episode of LawNext is generously made possible by our sponsors. We appreciate their support and hope you will check them out.
- Paradigm, home to the practice management platforms PracticePanther, Bill4Time, and MerusCase, and e-payments platform Headnote.
- XIRA.com, where clients find, book and meet with attorneys; and where attorneys get free, fully integrated practice management software.
- Everlaw, the cloud-based ediscovery platform for law firms, corporations, and government agencies.
- TrustBooks, the only standalone accounting product designed 100 percent for attorneys and law firms.
- Law Insider, producer of the show Contract Teardown, where they analyze the contracts that others are talking about.
A reminder that we are on Patreon. Subscribe to our page to be able to access show transcripts, or to submit a question for our guests.