LexFusion aims to change the paradigm for how law firms and legal departments purchase technology by serving as the go-to-market representative of companies that it has thoroughly vetted and selected as best-in-breed in each company’s category.
It was founded by legal industry veterans Joe Borstein and Paul Stroka, and recently added as a third cofounder D. Casey Flaherty, another industry veteran who was most recently director of legal project management at global law firm Baker McKenzie.
The three companies LexFusion has added to the collective are:
- CoParse, which is not specifically a legal tech company, but which has developed an advanced reader for DOCX and PDF documents that improves users’ ability to review, annotate and understand complex documents.
- Hotshot, an ed tech company that helps lawyers developed their legal and business skills through short, practical videos and interactive training programs.
- Kira Systems, whose software uses machine learning to extract key information from contracts and other documents.
They join the seven companies that were already part of the collective:
- Agiloft, for contract lifecycle management.
- Factor, for managed services.
- HaystackID, for e-discovery services and technology.
- Frontline, for outsourced IT and financial services.
- Litera, for legal workflow and workspace technology.
- Ping, for timekeeping automation.
- Priori Legal, for hiring project-based outside counsel.
“We could not be prouder to welcome CoParse, Kira, and Hotshot,” Flaherty said in a company statement. “The LexFusion approach is unlike anything else in the market. We work hard to calm the chaos and reduce the noise in an ever more crowded marketplace. Like the market and our members, LexFusion will continue to evolve, always with a view towards delivering more value to our customers.”
- Video: Casey Flaherty Discusses His Move from Baker McKenzie to LexFusion.
- Casey Flaherty Leaves Baker McKenzie To Join Legal Tech Collective LexFusion.
- Launching Today: LexFusion Aims to Turbocharge Tech Adoption by Changing the Sales Paradigm.
- On LawNext: Kira’s Cofounders on 10 Years in Business and their New Book on AI in Law.
- On LawNext: Joe Borstein and Basha Rubin on the Launch of LexFusion.
- LawNext Episode 29: Baker McKenzie’s Jae Um and Casey Flaherty on BigLaw Innovation.